Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bah!

Looks like we got a few more inches of snow here in Taos last night, and they say we should expect another 5-10 inches today above 7500'. The property in Questa is at about 7777'...

It's been about 4 days since I attempted to get to the house, and failed. At that point I would have been the first to drive (my '97 Honda) on the nameless road that leads to my house. Now, I'm thinking it may be time to ask if I can stay put in Taos for another month, even though I'm nearly packed.

There's not much to do now but wait out this storm. Getting supplies in is going to be very difficult; big equipment, almost impossible. The roads will open eventually, then we can begin again. One of my excavators IS willing to come out and look at the job in Questa, maybe even tomorrow - we'll see...

The amount of snow we've received is just awesome. Bah.

How much snow? Maybe not as bad as much of the midwest, but we had major damage to a tree in our "zen garden," here in Taos. Here is it this summer:
And here's what happened this morning.
3 out of 6 major trunks hit the ground, under the weight of wet snow:

(This view is from the opposite side.)

No comments: